What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Current CCW

Jody

Rothschild
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been carrying a full size 1911 in .45ACP since I was old enough to CCW, but here lately I’ve been reaching for my Glock 23. The Glock is much lighter and damn near maintenance free. I love 1911’s but it definitely takes commitment to carry one everyday. If I could only have one handgun it would be a 1911 in .45ACP, probably my Springfield TRP Operator.

Jody

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I’ve been carrying a full size 1911 in .45ACP since I was old enough to CCW, but here lately I’ve been reaching for my Glock 23. The Glock is much lighter and damn near maintenance free. I love 1911’s but it definitely takes commitment to carry one everyday. If I could only have one handgun it would be a 1911 in .45ACP, probably my Springfield TRP Operator.

Jody

X2.

Everyone who CCW with .45 1911 and say they prefer it have never typically carried something like glock 23, vp9sk etc. sorry @Pennywise827, I love 1911 and am super jealous of your Dan Wesson but I carry every single day and when I see lint build up in my vp9sk, I love KNOWING it will still unload a whole mag god forbid i need it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pennywise827

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
X2.

Everyone who CCW with .45 1911 and say they prefer it have never typically carried something like glock 23, vp9sk etc. sorry @Pennywise827, I love 1911 and am super jealous of your Dan Wesson but I carry every single day and when I see lint build up in my vp9sk, I love KNOWING it will still unload a whole mag god forbid i need it to.

Lol, I rarely carry my DW. I carry that EDC X9. It's a double stack 9mm (15+1) with no grip safety.

I too carry every day, but dont concern myself with lint...I hit the range quite a bit to stay a crack shot. I average 500-1k rounds DR a month. Ain't no dust settling on my girl.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Lol, I rarely carry my DW. I carry that EDC X9. It's a double stack 9mm (15+1) with no grip safety.

I too carry every day, but dont concern myself with lint...I hit the range quite a bit to stay a crack shot. I average 500-1k rounds DR a month. Ain't no dust settling on my girl.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I have been carrying a FNS-9 17+1 for the last few months. It's a little heavy and I need to get a better belt. But I like the gun, runs flawlessly and isn't as ugly as a Glock. Got a great deal on it too.

Do you currently wear a legit gun belt?

Stupid Tapatalk

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here’s my current CCW setup, sans the holster. For that I have a Concealment Express kydex, but have a MFT appendix holster on the way.
The cylinder belonged to my great uncle Mario, and was given to me by my Dad.
It’s a fully functional heirloom!
The S&W SD9VE has proven reliable every time I have put rounds downrange.
However, for summer carrying or the days I’m wearing slim fit jeans, I would like to get a S&W M&P Shield in the next few months.

Last edited: