What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Current CCW

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Let's start a CCW thread!
Currently I'm running an HK VP9SK in a Tulster and love it! I am however looking seriously at the Sig P365 for when I'm dressing fancy.

Squaresoft

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I knew we were only a matter of time away from the gun/knife threads. Should we get a cooking and dog thread up and running too. Probably should get a hawt grils thread in the nsfw board too.

Squaresoft

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a US Calvary m1911 my grandpa used in WW 2 in a lockbox at the bank, but i don't think it fires currently. I'm sure it needs serious service.

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I usually have to wear dress clothes at work so it’s usually an Ankle holster for me, and either the Glock 42 or S&W Bodyguard. Otherwise I carry my XDS IWB in a hybrid holster.

Opie

Belicoso
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I usually have to wear dress clothes at work so it’s usually an Ankle holster for me, and either the Glock 42 or S&W Bodyguard. Otherwise I carry my XDS IWB in a hybrid holster.
have you ever tried any of the tuckable holsters? I had a crossbreed for a 9mm M&P took a little getting used to, but wasn't bad.

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
have you ever tried any of the tuckable holsters? I had a crossbreed for a 9mm M&P took a little getting used to, but wasn't bad.

The hybrid holster I have is tuckable, but my problem is the clips are still visible. I work with a bunch of gun people, most of our admin at work have CCWs, so I’ve preferred to go with something that is harder to see. I could go with ulticlips and do it that way, I haven’t tried that yet

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The hybrid holster I have is tuckable, but my problem is the clips are still visible. I work with a bunch of gun people, most of our admin at work have CCWs, so I’ve preferred to go with something that is harder to see. I could go with ulticlips and do it that way, I haven’t tried that yet

If they are all gun people why does it matter if they know you're carrying? Half the people I work with carry EVERYDAY as well as me, but we don't talk about it, it's just known.

On a side note, I have a hell of a time keeping my shirt tucked in around my crossbread... 😔

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
If they are all gun people why does it matter if they know you're carrying? Half the people I work with carry EVERYDAY as well as me, but we don't talk about it, it's just known.

On a side note, I have a hell of a time keeping my shirt tucked in around my crossbread... 😔

Oh, it’s well known to those of us that tote, but there are others that are much less tolerable. We have several hundred employees so to me it’s just easier to avoid that confrontation at work.

Besides, I’m a computer guy and crawling around on the floor with an IWB isn’t the most comfortable thing in the world.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Oh, it’s well known to those of us that tote, but there are others that are much less tolerable. We have several hundred employees so to me it’s just easier to avoid that confrontation at work.

Besides, I’m a computer guy and crawling around on the floor with an IWB isn’t the most comfortable thing in the world.

I'm a refrigeration technician, specifically multiplex, like at Target, Cub Foods etc. I crawl around plenty with IWB, gotta have a good rig😝
I hear ya on the unwanted attention

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm a refrigeration technician, specifically multiplex, like at Target, Cub Foods etc. I crawl around plenty with IWB, gotta have a good rig😝
I hear ya on the unwanted attention

Very true, depends on where you carry too. I can’t do appendix, I’m not as small as I used to be.