What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Car Dealerships amaze me

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So back in 2018, I bought a brand new Jeep wrangler soft top. Manual everything, tranny, windows, etc. It had cruise and A/C. Other than that, bare bones. Bought it for $25,440,plus T,T,&L.
I traded it in a week ago fwith 21,400 miles for a 2016 Rubicon with 20k miles. They gave me 19,200 for my jeep. Granted, I did find a factory hard top in the crate for $1400. It still needs the wiring harness for the rear wiper/washer. ($500 installed) I kept the aftermarket bumpers, winch, tires and wheels, seat covers, etc. From the old jeep and put them on the new one. They slapped the factory Rubicon tires and wheels, bumpers one my trade in and are asking almost 3k MORE than when it was new. I wish them luck. Haha!!!

Screenshot_20200502-204825_Brave.jpg

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Pics of the new Jeep, with my bumpers, winch, tires and wheels.....
38575.jpeg38563.jpeg

BTW, the trade ended up costing me $10.300 for a fully loaded rubicon with leather, lockers front and rear, and 4.10 gears. Window sticker was $42,500 in 2016. Should have just bought a Rubicon to begin with....
Only downsides to the new one is its black, and an auto. It is kinda nice not having to row through the gears though

Last edited:

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Pics of the new Jeep, with my bumpers, winch, tires and wheels.....
View attachment 10317View attachment 10318

BTW, the trade ended up costing me $10.300 for a fully loaded rubicon with leather, lockers front and rear, and 4.10 gears. Window sticker was $42,500 in 2016. Should have just bought a Rubicon to begin with....
Only downsides to the new one is its black, and an auto. It is kinda nice not having to row through the gears though
Now ya need some mickey thompson atzp3 tires. I work there. Get ya great price haha

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I keep reading how the plague is killing car sales but I've yet to see any real deals anywhere.
It's definitely killings sales Volume. This particular dealership usually has 6 salesmen,and they are down to 1, rotating once a week. They're just making it up with overpricing the used cars. The new ones are giving rebates like crazy. I dont begrudge anyone making a living. My Jeep was meticulously kept from the time of purchase until trade in. All they had to do was wipe the interior down, scrape the sticker off the back window and sell it. But Jesus, asking more than when it was new?? Insane.

OneStrangeOne

Perfecto
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It's definitely killings sales Volume. This particular dealership usually has 6 salesmen,and they are down to 1, rotating once a week. They're just making it up with overpricing the used cars. The new ones are giving rebates like crazy. I dont begrudge anyone making a living. My Jeep was meticulously kept from the time of purchase until trade in. All they had to do was wipe the interior down, scrape the sticker off the back window and sell it. But Jesus, asking more than when it was new?? Insane.

Almost as bad as the pawn shops! At least the car dealer wipes em down Before they try to bend you over!

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
2014-08-29.jpg