What's new
Society of Smoke

Welcome to Society of Smoke. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through live chat and your own private inbox!

Bad Taste

Tyler86

Churchill
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I have looked over my flavor wheel and still can not figure out what the hell it is but it's not good. I have picked up said bad taste in a few sticks mostly low end stuff that's old, but even some newer "quality" smokes. Its almost chemical/mold/must. I'm lost. All my stuff is 67-69RH on the nuts (3 hygrometers inside) temp never above 72°, usually 69° or so. Any in site? Other bad flavors you have had?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found this to occur also with cheaper cigars. Only thing i can suggest is having a lower RH 'drybox' humidor(like 60 to 65rh) to put stuff in you ate going to smoke soon. Could be moisture, could be ammonia, could just be shitty tobacco/factory. Last stick I experienced this with was a cheap gran habano. Ps I have also had odd experiences from smoking too many too often. I've found if I smoke at most every other day or less, I get the best flavor profiles from my sticks. One day I smoked 4 in a row and the last one tasted like salt.