What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Today’s Bowl 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
C&D Kelly's Coin in a Pete Shannon

56dd631e73516fa9c9e65db44af28c77.jpg

OneStrangeOne

Perfecto
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Doing some work around the house while smoking GH Kendall Dark in an Ascorti Business. This pipe has a long pencil thin shank and fairly short stem so a Canadian, Lumberman, or Liverpool maybe? Not sure how to classify the shape but definitely a billiard bowl.

226a19981b2bc48ad0d7c45ce5463d5a.jpg
There’s so many variations of the Canadian that it’s hard to classify, I know quite a few pipe smokers who tend to Get hung up on specifics and miss the fact that it’s a great looking pipe. I’m not sure I would put it in that category but it doesn’t matter what I think. I have a pipe that the maker called a Bamboo Dog, so that’s what I call it, even though technically it’s a lot closer to a Rhodesian that a Bulldog.

OneStrangeOne

Perfecto
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Bulldog and Rhodesian are a lot easier to classify though, Rhodesians have a round shank and Bulldogs don't. According to this chart mine's pretty much a billiard, but almost a lovat.

ff3b72e6c4f0107b7f4181d4d26e2aca.jpg
The shape of the shank and the saddle bit would qualify for a Lovat, I’m just not sure the the shank is long enough for it to be in the Canadian family, I was under the impression that the length should be twice the height of the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.