What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

The world's best whiskey

gurgalunas

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Dammit Mickey. You probably will cause the purchase of 30 bottles with this thread. Its guys like you that cause the problems! Lol...

Go to other social media platforms and witness the fervor that causes the good stuff to sell out fast.

I'm heading to my known source for the HMcK tomorrow to see if there is still opportunity to grab some. It was still $26-28 as of December, and they had a pallet. They're not the kind of place to jack up prices, so I still got a chance...

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dammit Mickey. You probably will cause the purchase of 30 bottles with this thread. Its guys like you that cause the problems! Lol...

Go to other social media platforms and witness the fervor that causes the good stuff to sell out fast.

I'm heading to my known source for the HMcK tomorrow to see if there is still opportunity to grab some. It was still $26-28 as of December, and they had a pallet. They're not the kind of place to jack up prices, so I still got a chance...
$40 at my local (n)

Wookie

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna say what sounds like Heresy to some of you, but I cant really pick up the nuances and differences in whiskey of any kind. Glenlivet scotch for example: I've had the 12, 15 and 18 year, and they all tasted the same to me. I either like a whiskey, or I don't. Evan Williams seems to be right in my wheelhouse, so I splurged and bought this. Hope it's as good as the regular production. Prices are high in this one horse town I live in, but at least we have a liquor store....

EDIT: for the record, I like mine with a little ice and water, no coke.
View attachment 2524
FTR I am not unlike you. I like to find value in the up and comers. I Don't waste money on expensive wine, bourbon etc. Seems to me there are distinct variations in quality going from $20 to $50 per bottles of bourbon that is worth exploring. Beyond that, to some degree, it becomes chasing the hype.

Sweemzander

Meadmaker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm gonna say what sounds like Heresy to some of you, but I cant really pick up the nuances and differences in whiskey of any kind. Glenlivet scotch for example: I've had the 12, 15 and 18 year, and they all tasted the same to me. I either like a whiskey, or I don't. Evan Williams seems to be right in my wheelhouse, so I splurged and bought this. Hope it's as good as the regular production. Prices are high in this one horse town I live in, but at least we have a liquor store....

EDIT: for the record, I like mine with a little ice and water, no coke.
View attachment 2524
Not heresy - drink it the way you like it....
The ice/cold however is definitely killing off any/most of the aroma/flavor profile you are searching for

If you're feeling adventurous, skip the ice & add just a splash of water (less than 1/2oz of water)

Unpossible_1

Creepy CIA Op
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Not heresy - drink it the way you like it....
The ice/cold however is definitely killing off any/most of the aroma/flavor profile you are searching for

If you're feeling adventurous, skip the ice & add just a splash of water (less than 1/2oz of water)
So much this. I say the same thing with food too. It's going in your piehole, so do it your way and fuck anyone else's opinion. Hell, water and ice open the whiskey up to completely different nuances than just neat. I haven't dabbled much in ice, but that's because I need to pick up an ice ball mold or something still. I usually do the couple drops of water if I want to open it up.