What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Show your latest accessory purchase

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So did I! But i saw an oppurtunity for some dick wiggling.... And its not weird if its mutual!!

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

multi-useless

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Pics or it's not true
Absolutely! But this cigar rest is so cool, it deserves to be accompanied by its origin story.

I wanted something original, and practicality and durability are important to me. As such, there's just no substitute for quality American steel. You can do a lot of things with a solid piece of steel, and while I was smoking at work one day, I realized I could use a piece of steel to make a cigar rest. Also, I was getting tired of sitting my cigars on the oily workbench by our large press, and subsequently tasting a variety of industrial oils and solvents when I would relight later on in the day. (Seriously, that bic can do whatever it wants to the flavor of my cigars and I won't care - nothing that I've yet discovered, tastes as bad in a cigar as Fuchs Tuffdraw 1919 - but I digress.)

So anyway, I decided I would use a piece of steel to make a cigar rest. Then, in an almost immediate stroke of genius, I realized that if I can make such a cool thing out of one piece of steel, just imagine what kind of awesomeness I could create if I used TWO pieces of steel!!! I bet it would be almost as cool as an amp that goes to 11.

So I went searching for 2 pieces of steel. And I found them - which wasn't hard, since I work in a job shop that makes things out of steel, and there are random pieces of steel laying around everywhere.

Armed with my 2 pieces of steel, I walked over to the aforementioned oily workbench, set them down, and created a custom cigar rest - an adjustable one at that, to accommodate different ring gauges.

IMG_8313.JPG

Here it is in action:

IMG_8314.JPG

I'm thinking about patenting it

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Absolutely! But this cigar rest is so cool, it deserves to be accompanied by its origin story.

I wanted something original, and practicality and durability are important to me. As such, there's just no substitute for quality American steel. You can do a lot of things with a solid piece of steel, and while I was smoking at work one day, I realized I could use a piece of steel to make a cigar rest. Also, I was getting tired of sitting my cigars on the oily workbench by our large press, and subsequently tasting a variety of industrial oils and solvents when I would relight later on in the day. (Seriously, that bic can do whatever it wants to the flavor of my cigars and I won't care - nothing that I've yet discovered, tastes as bad in a cigar as Fuchs Tuffdraw 1919 - but I digress.)

So anyway, I decided I would use a piece of steel to make a cigar rest. Then, in an almost immediate stroke of genius, I realized that if I can make such a cool thing out of one piece of steel, just imagine what kind of awesomeness I could create if I used TWO pieces of steel!!! I bet it would be almost as cool as an amp that goes to 11.

So I went searching for 2 pieces of steel. And I found them - which wasn't hard, since I work in a job shop that makes things out of steel, and there are random pieces of steel laying around everywhere.

Armed with my 2 pieces of steel, I walked over to the aforementioned oily workbench, set them down, and created a custom cigar rest - an adjustable one at that, to accommodate different ring gauges.

View attachment 4727

Here it is in action:

View attachment 4728

I'm thinking about patenting it

That looks like mine in my shop except mine has a threaded deal to adjust for different RGs.

Not mine but honestly what I use A LOT
b36b504151761ac2b8ea2805dc842631.jpg

Stupid Tapatalk

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Speaking of lighters, I've run the Gamut on them. From a triple flame Bugatti that worked badass, up until two months in, then it shit the bed, to a Xikar Allume, complete with custom leather case that I lost at the hotel the weekend of my brothers funeral (i was pretty drunk that day), then the $60 replacement Allume that has disappeared as well. Tired of spending a ton of money on these things, so I took a Queue from @Eo80 and went to the dollar store to buy several $3 crack torches. Work great. They even had a mini torch I picked up for the golf bag. Soft flames are a no go here in the land of wind.
Anyway, not worried if they shit the bed, or I lose one. I highly recommend them. I even feed them the shitty Ronson butane. Lol
15758047974227500804504216633462.jpg

Last edited: