What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

MENELIK LIMITED EDITION BY FOUNDATION CIGAR CO.

The camaro show

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Foundation cigar is a great company very well known for the tabernacle line! Have not heard of this one but would imagine it would be a great stick you couldn’t go wrong with!

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
It’s a new barber pole event only Cigar
I saw it listed at an online shop. Here is the copy from the listing:

"The Menelik Limited Edition cigar was once an exclusive event only cigar that is now available as a limited release cigar, offered by Foundation Cigar Co. Menelik cigars are superbly hand crafted using the highest quality filler tobaccos from Nicaragua that have been perfectly blended, these tobaccos are bound in a Corojo ’99 binder and encase in a dark oily Mexican San Andres wrapper. Menelik cigars are bursting with flavorful notes of earth, cocoa, oak & spice with hints of sweetness throughout."

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
61   0   0

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
262   0   0

Wookie

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90OVERALL SCORE
I was intrigued by the Menelik, not only for many of the reasons stated above, but just because event only, rare or limited editions cigars tickle my interest. Luckily, it delivered in a good way, which is slightly unfortunate if only for the reason that I will have a hard time getting my hands on more. Despite the flaky ash and less than perfect burn, the profile developed and changed enough from beginning to end that it delivered an interesting and engaging experience with the flavors staying cohesive enough to continuously mesh well. It’s certainly a cigar I can suggest getting your hands on if you can, whether that means tracking it down on the secondary market or simply just going to a Foundation Cigar Co. event. I know I’ll be looking for the next one in my area.

Halfwheel' s review

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Thanks for the info. This is where I saw it:

They currently have a discount code for 15% off "NATIVE". Still a pretty pricey small cigar.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
i didnt like those ones, i got rid of my bundle packaged ones myself that i got from events. Wasnt my style of cigar, i like something more complex.