What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Jlb2782-jlb

Jlb2782

n00b
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys. Jared here. Been a member on botl for awhile. Was invited here by a member, and gladly accepted. I need another forum like I need a hole in the head, but I am always looking to upgrade. Think I found it.

Anyway. Don't buy too many NCs anymore. Although, I enjoy some offerings from Warped, Illusione, and the occasional Liga. Really enjoying almost every CC I smoke. Live south of Rochester NY, in the Geneseo area, so if anyone is around sometime for a smoke, lmk!!

-Jared

Jlb2782

n00b
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Welcome Jared
I'm down to your southwest in Olean.

No shit. Quick story. Was just down there last month doing some snowboarding with the wife at Holiday Valley. It had been about 10-15 years since we did it. But I figured, we'll have a nice night there and hit a couple of hills. Decided not to bring cigars because I figured we'd be on the hills the whole time. What a dumb thought. My wife fell within a half hour of being there and broke her wrist. Womp womp womp. Went to Olean to be seen and have her casted up. Tried for the life of me to find cigars in that area and found nothing. Went to Salamanca and found a little place that had a small walk in. Wound up with a Fuente. Blah. I won't make that mistake again, hahaha.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
No shit. Quick story. Was just down there last month doing some snowboarding with the wife at Holiday Valley. It had been about 10-15 years since we did it. But I figured, we'll have a nice night there and hit a couple of hills. Decided not to bring cigars because I figured we'd be on the hills the whole time. What a dumb thought. My wife fell within a half hour of being there and broke her wrist. Womp womp womp. Went to Olean to be seen and have her casted up. Tried for the life of me to find cigars in that area and found nothing. Went to Salamanca and found a little place that had a small walk in. Wound up with a Fuente. Blah. I won't make that mistake again, hahaha.
Ha ha and that was a Curly Head most likely ! Nope, no cigars in Olean and nothing good in Salamanca. Now go 20 minutes down the highway towards Jamestown and get off at Steamburg and there's a great shop called Smokin Bear Cigars. Tax free Liga, Padron, Roma Craft, and the Fuente you got could have been an Opus or Anejo. And a small lounge to sit and smoke so you don't have to stand out in the cold.

Sorry to hear about the wife's mishap but hope your visit was otherwise enjoyable. Let me know if you're ever down this way and maybe we can get together for a cigar. Other than the guys from the shop or my golf buddies there's no one around here that likes cigars.

Jlb2782

n00b
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sounds good to me. Definitely beautiful down there. My dad and I rode our motorcycles down that way over the summer. Wound up riding down to Warren PA to Nice Ash. Not a bad little joint. Will definitely check out Smokin Bear tho. My dad will like tax free Liga!! The cigar was actually a short story. Surprised they had it. Bought that and a Cohiba Black. The only NC Cohiba I like.

All in all, wife is fine tho. Healing up nice. Will definitely look you up when we get down that way.