What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

2019 SoS Blind Pass Reviews

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
06b5e813c808a44a4c86b4bbefbe8b93.jpg

Prelight: 6×46ish, Well rolled, firm stick with an amateur looking pigtailed cap. Smells of hay along the length, and hay, with a bit of barnyard mixed in on the foot. I wouldn't be surprised if this one is a homeroll! Pairing it with water, and using a V cut. Cold draw was very tight, so i loosened her up a bit with my perfecdraw, produced lots of cocoa flavors

1st 1/3:
Thick creamy smoke that resonds the hay from the sniff test, also a good bit of plain black pepper on the retro. Some leather playing in thete as well, as the pepper is becoming more aggressive.

2nd 1/3:
41c1bc7b38a328b4b7dc6833453defd0.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and call it the 2nd a bit early, since there was just a hard transition to a pepper-bomb... By design or accidental, only the blender knows, but I'm gonna have to slow down, or ill be snezzing the rest of the way. I got a hint of something that made me say, "I know what that is..." So i took a big puff and gave a generous retro before blowing snot across the garage! Leathery red pepper is my best description of the 2nd so far.

3rd 1/3:
36b80b8efa650aca47f3f2a0c01939d3.jpg

More of the same thick, peppery, delicious smoke! Nothing new here, just the same solid flavors that made me love the 2nd third, though, thankfully, the pepper is mellowing a bit! I'm gonna say nicaraguan filler and binder, wrapped with a honduran leaf! No clue on a maker, but just giving it a blind stab in the dark, this one makes me think Oliva!

The Reveal!!
28d1297ef3cdc305b822b647e80e655d.jpg

Long Live the King Mad MF! Angry indeed!!
Leaves from Mexico, Indonesia and PA broadleaf, I didn't come close to any of the origins, or the maker. I'll just sit here and quietly finish this beauty while I ponder the proper pinnance for the shame I've brought on the cigar world with this feeble attempt at decoding unknown tobaccos! Thanks for an amazing stick @Tyler86!

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk