What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

When is it time for second wineador?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This is a cross post from the other site, but that place seems to be as dead as a wedge lately, so thought I'd post up here. Cigar purchases have increased dramatically thanks to a seemingly neverending supply of Overtime.

Not bragging, just an honest question.
When is it time to get a second wineador?
Both my drawers are level full with singles 3 layers deep, and currently have 6 plastic Walmart baskets 2-3 layers deep on the shelves. Pretty sure I'm past the 300ct advertised capacity.
Most all sticks are young- 6 months or less. Seems like it'll take forever and a day to get all these sticks down to smokable RH levels.
Have switched to buying boxes to put on the cooler in my closet, but still buy a lot of 5 and 10 packs....
Anyone been in the same boat?
Dont really like the idea of singles in a cooler. Seems to me that by the time you buy enough cedar trays to fit them all in, you could buy another wineador.
What say yall?

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'd say if you're planning on storing in boxes and don't need any cooling - cooler. If you want to spread out singles and/or need cooling then it's time.

Wookie

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If storing boxes I like the Colman Marine Extreme 120 quart coolers. They are cheap ($49 at amazon), store approx 750 sticks/30 boxes, and they are relatively easy to move around. One Xikar 250 Humi-store bar keeps good humidity in summer...sometimes need to add a second for winter.