What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Random question of the day

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Just curious why my phone, a Note 8, which I have set to restart every night at 3am, decides to tell me every single morning the on 4/21 it blocked a call on my blacklist.
I have the phone set to only ring on numbers within my phone book. All others go straight to voice mail. My phone diverts three or four calls a day to voicemail. My number is bombarded with phishing and spam calls.
iPhone peeps will inevitably say it's an android problem. I've owned several iPhones in the past. I prefer the freedom of the android platform to suit my needs.
Not really searching for a deep and meaningful answer, just thought a random question of the day thread might be a fun thread to engage in.
This continually happens with my phone, not a one time occurence.
Screenshot_20200601-093131_Brave.jpg

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Does it still do it when you turn off your daily restart? Mine has stopped i cant tell you what i did but i think they were actually calling not just a phone glitch bt im not sure. Maybe delete your call history also?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Does it still do it when you turn off your daily restart? Mine has stopped i cant tell you what i did but i think they were actually calling not just a phone glitch bt im not sure. Maybe delete your call history also?
Yup, every morning it shows it. Havent deleted the call history in a long time. I'll try it and see what shows up tomorrow

EDIT: Just deleted 784 recent phone calls. Probably should clear that out a little more often

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
On another note, I've started receiving weight loss phishing texts from several different numbers, all starting with, "Hey Robert....", so someone out there is obviously selling my info. Suspiciously started after I traded my jeep in a couple months back.
They obviously dont know their target audience very well, as I am 5'9" and 160# soaking wet.....

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I find it amusing myself. Other than this issue (non-issue, really) the only complaint I have is my phone book retains deleted numbers from my contacts that get new phone numbers. When I go to contact them, I dont know which is which. This is my third android phone in the past 8 or 9 years. No issues with any of the others.
I think the next one will not be a note, as I dont use the stylus at all, and this thing barely fits into a shirt pocket

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Redneck_toy no clue what provider you have, but Verizon blocks all that spam/fishing stuff for like 6$ a month. Ive had ZERO spam/fishing in months. Downside is non of my sexy neighbors wanna hook up with me anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Verizon here as well. Will have to check into that. Thanks!