What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Paging All Comic Book Nerds

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have about 5 feet of Underground Comix..........

Probably before any of you were born.

Plastic bagged and in boxes,probably not worth much $$,but some excellent and provocative art and stories.

Probably haha. Never heard of it, google shows some interesting books though

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Anyone reading any current books?
House of X / Powers of X has been mind blowing, along with those two I added History of the Marvel Universe to my pull list and it's been pretty great at getting me up to speed while also having some fantastic art. Still hitting the older x-men hard though, up to 170 now I believe, about to start New Mutants as well.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Currently reading:
House of X / Powers of X (Current)
Uncanny X-Men (at #177)
New Mutants (at #8)
The Batman Who Laughs (at #4)
Watchmen (at #2)
Umbrella Academy: Dallas

Sine-Qua-Non

Lonsdale
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Late to the party here, as well, but I highly recommend the Hellblazer series. It's incredible literally watching Constantine change and age over the decades, and the story arcs are second to none.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Late to the party here, as well, but I highly recommend the Hellblazer series. It's incredible literally watching Constantine change and age over the decades, and the story arcs are second to none.
Thank you for this, I've read quite a few pages recently noting John Constantine as one of the best comic book characters of all time. It's definitely on my radar and I'm hoping to get to it sooner than later. I know it's a different adaptation, but the movie with Keanu Reeves has always been a favorite of mine so when I first found out it was a comic series first I knew I had to tackle it at some point.

Sine-Qua-Non

Lonsdale
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you for this, I've read quite a few pages recently noting John Constantine as one of the best comic book characters of all time. It's definitely on my radar and I'm hoping to get to it sooner than later. I know it's a different adaptation, but the movie with Keanu Reeves has always been a favorite of mine so when I first found out it was a comic series first I knew I had to tackle it at some point.

He’s an awesome character, even though he’s a pretty shite human being, lmao.

I enjoyed the film, and thought Reeves was decent in it, but the character they wrote for that movie is NOT the Constantine from the comics; the version played by Matt Ryan on the short lived tv show is far closer to how the comic character looks/talks/acts, but the show was far too watered down and afraid to be as dark and morbid as it needed to be. I’m hopeful Amazon/Netflix/Hulu or someone will get the rights and make a proper version of the character, with Matt Ryan acting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
He’s an awesome character, even though he’s a pretty shite human being, lmao.

I enjoyed the film, and thought Reeves was decent in it, but the character they wrote for that movie is NOT the Constantine from the comics; the version played by Matt Ryan on the short lived tv show is far closer to how the comic character looks/talks/acts, but the show was far too watered down and afraid to be as dark and morbid as it needed to be. I’m hopeful Amazon/Netflix/Hulu or someone will get the rights and make a proper version of the character, with Matt Ryan acting.

I figured it was completely different. I haven't seen the TV show, its a shame that they have to censor themselves for broadcast. Maybe down the line with DC's streaming service they'll do the series justice since Titans and Doom Patrol on there doesn't hold much back.

Sine-Qua-Non

Lonsdale
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I figured it was completely different. I haven't seen the TV show, its a shame that they have to censor themselves for broadcast. Maybe down the line with DC's streaming service they'll do the series justice since Titans and Doom Patrol on there doesn't hold much back.

That would be a good platform, but I’m not sure how successful all these brand specific streaming services are going to be after a while, though. And after the snafu they had with Swamp Thing, they seem to have some serious issues already.

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That would be a good platform, but I’m not sure how successful all these brand specific streaming services are going to be after a while, though. And after the snafu they had with Swamp Thing, they seem to have some serious issues already.

Too true. Time Warner has never held my confidence though. The 'battle of the streaming services' is going to get interesting soon.