What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Leaf Prep

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Any body willing to post some pics of wrapper/binder pre roll. The leaves I see in videos look a lot bigger/ less toothy than what I have. Just curious.

Also what leaf prep if any between receiving in mail and casing??

Also smoked a few of mine. Tips for getting the sponge out? Is that just rookie rolling and leaf prep/storage?

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any body willing to post some pics of wrapper/binder pre roll. The leaves I see in videos look a lot bigger/ less toothy than what I have. Just curious.

Also smoked a few of mine. Tips for getting the sponge out? Is that just rookie rolling and leaf prep/storage?

Stupid Tapatalk
Next time I prep and roll I will post pics and my process. How long are you letting your sticks dry in an air box after you roll them before moving to a humi?

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Next time I prep and roll I will post pics and my process. How long are you letting your sticks dry in an air box after you roll them before moving to a humi?

5 days or so. They are fairly wet when I'm done, trying to work with wrapper and binder. Also have filler damp enough to roll leaf with out cracking, barely

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 days or so. They are fairly wet when I'm done, trying to work with wrapper and binder. Also have filler damp enough to roll leaf with out cracking, barely

Stupid Tapatalk
That should be good enough then. How is your draw and how are you bunching? Probably need to try getting the bunch tighter

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
That should be good enough then. How is your draw and how are you bunching? Probably need to try getting the bunch tighter

Bunching like book I guess, but rolling inside half first then whole bunch. Draw is good to tighter than I prefer. So far

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bunching like book I guess, but rolling inside half first then whole bunch. Draw is good to tighter than I prefer. So far

Stupid Tapatalk
Roll the whole bunch together. Make sure your ligero is placed in the center of the bunch. Try accordion bunching if you can

Jim D

Petite Lancero
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stupid Tapatalk
I'm hoping to roll some tonight, I'll grab a couple pics then.
The only prep work I've done is to gently straighten out some wrinkles and remove dirt and debris. Of course the leaf may need some more moisture to finish this so I'll mist those that need it.
Wrapper and binder get more effort to flatten any wrinkles. They also get more moisture which helps. Spraying them 12-24 hours ahead of time makes them supple for working.
As for the sponginess, on the rare occasion that I've buried a home roll out of sight and find it months later, there is no sponginess to it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prepping some wrapper now, I have some cased binder I can snap pics of later. I open the wrapper leaf and spritz evenly with distilled water, then put them in a plastic bag to come up to case. Since it's hot and this candela is thin, it will be ready to go in a few hours.

Will take more pics when I de-stem and get ready to roll.
1e8fa795c4dfc02caebfe405cdf65a97.jpg
8480bd7decb57d2b632135db5ba43c29.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I de stem by folding each leaf in half along the midrib, pinching the midrib with my right hand a couple inches below the tip of the leaf, gently tearing the midrib away from the leaf by wrapping the leaf around my left hand. This method takes a little practice, but it isn't that hard once you get it down. I do the same process for binder and wrapper. After the midrib is removed, each half leaf is folded in half and placed in a ziploc to keep cased for the wrapping session
b6922a7242f168238205df78a81ad07a.jpg
a5a8257b3151627254b7f493f50577dd.jpg
bf09e7a71aab2fb2b63a1eb9337fc6f1.jpg
efca8db80cf15e275107769e1bcb30b5.jpg

Jim D

Petite Lancero
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of 5 WLT Dom Binder leaves, just the next 5 from the bag. Sprayed them lightly a couple hours ago and did some chores. Nows it time to make something out of them.
20180824_022511.jpg