What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Dumb travel question

MikeZ37

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’ve never flown anywhere and brought my own smokes/supplies but from what I gather it’s frowned upon to put a butane lighter even in a checked bag when flying... but even the thought of trying to fight the wind and light a cigar with matches outside near the ocean is already making me mad. If I throw a cutter and cheap torch in my checked bag are the plane nazis going to steal it when they go through the bag?

BloodWood

Perfecto
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Been doing what you suggest for years without incident.
Though, I never take my favorite lighter, I do pack two full cheapo lighters.
I store them in my Dopps kit in my check through luggage.
Figure the shaving cream and spray deodorant will help mask the lighter's signature during X-ray.
Don't worry about the cutters. They are perfectly legal inside your checked luggage.

MikeZ37

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Been doing what you suggest for years without incident.
Though, I never take my favorite lighter, I do pack two full cheapo lighters.
I store them in my Dopps kit in my check through luggage.
Figure the shaving cream and spray deodorant will help mask the lighter's signature during X-ray.
Don't worry about the cutters. They are perfectly legal inside your checked luggage.
Perfect that’s what I was hoping to hear. Ever have any issues bringing cigars in your carry on?

BloodWood

Perfecto
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
A big nope!
I travel with a 40 and 30 count dry case in my carry-on duffle bag.
* TSA will most likely want to see the contents, or at the least take a swab. No biggy, though.

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Keeping them in my carry on, only time it was a problem was when i had a 60 gram boveda pack in my herfador, they didn't trust the liquid and werent sure if it was less than the 3 oz max for carry on liquids, i said it was really more of a gel, they said, ok. Should be fine... Since i stopped traceling woth boveda, no issues

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

MikeZ37

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Keeping them in my carry on, only time it was a problem was when i had a 60 gram boveda pack in my herfador, they didn't trust the liquid and werent sure if it was less than the 3 oz max for carry on liquids, i said it was really more of a gel, they said, ok. Should be fine... Since i stopped traceling woth boveda, no issues

I wasn’t planning on slapping a Boveda in my mini herf since it’ll only be 5 days. Or is that a bit much without any humidification ?

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nah, i found outnsince then, that unless its an extreme dry or wet ambient rh, cigars only change about 1% a week

BradMc

Corona
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This trip to AK , just last week the X-ray caught my torch lighter ( had it wrapped in two pairs of socks) just buy a soft flame Nic lighter when u get there , u can also get the DOT approved holder , i had it in my check baggage,I always pack a torch lighter it it and it goes through TSA no sweat .....

kcmontie

Robusto
Rating - 100%
6   0   0