What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'll keep updating you @WNYTony since you seem to be the only one around :D

Played twice last weekend. Shot a smooth 92 (43/49 oof) and then a 96 (47/49) two different courses. Not sure what happened the first round - things just got .... looser?

Second round was steadily not great. Birdied / par'd a few holes but lost six balls and just .... yeah.

Lesson #5 in the books. Nothing new out of it - just really trying to get reps to break bad movements. The good swings feel GOOD. Just have to have more than 2-3 a round.
True - it's been very quiet lately.
Bummer you're not feeling you're getting much out of the lessons.
I got out last weekend and planning on tomorrow morning too. Can only chip and putt - no full swings for probably another 3-4 weeks. But it was great to get out with the boys, hit a few balls and have a cigar !

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
True - it's been very quiet lately.
Bummer you're not feeling you're getting much out of the lessons.
I got out last weekend and planning on tomorrow morning too. Can only chip and putt - no full swings for probably another 3-4 weeks. But it was great to get out with the boys, hit a few balls and have a cigar !
Ooh no I don't want to give the impression I'm not getting much from the lessons. I'm getting plenty. I actually prefer this. We're not adding new shit to think about everytime. We're focusing on fixing 1-2 things. Once I can fix those then we can move on. Problem is that I don't have the chance to put in extra practice to really break the habits so it's TOUGH. I think I'm starting to figure it out. But we'll see!

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ooh no I don't want to give the impression I'm not getting much from the lessons. I'm getting plenty. I actually prefer this. We're not adding new shit to think about everytime. We're focusing on fixing 1-2 things. Once I can fix those then we can move on. Problem is that I don't have the chance to put in extra practice to really break the habits so it's TOUGH. I think I'm starting to figure it out. But we'll see!
Oh good, I was getting the impression you weren't all that happy. It's tough to change the swing - never had much luck with mine.

I went out the afternoon after all my buddies, playing in our Ryder Cup, got off the course. Just drove around avoiding others and chipped and putted on the empty greens. Tried some very easy full swings with a 7 iron and it felt ok but I was 15-20 yards short I was swinging so easy. Slowly getting back.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Oh good, I was getting the impression you weren't all that happy. It's tough to change the swing - never had much luck with mine.

I went out the afternoon after all my buddies, playing in our Ryder Cup, got off the course. Just drove around avoiding others and chipped and putted on the empty greens. Tried some very easy full swings with a 7 iron and it felt ok but I was 15-20 yards short I was swinging so easy. Slowly getting back.
nice !

played in a scramble this weekend. put down some nice swings, put down some horrible swings! nature of the beast :D

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Got out on Sunday, finally got to the point where I started swinging the driver and fairway wood. Still swinging slow and gentle but good to finally be using the whole bag again. Hit some lousy shots on the front and wound up with a 49 but came back with a 44 on the back. Slowly getting back to form

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Got out on Sunday, finally got to the point where I started swinging the driver and fairway wood. Still swinging slow and gentle but good to finally be using the whole bag again. Hit some lousy shots on the front and wound up with a 49 but came back with a 44 on the back. Slowly getting back to form
thats great news! glad you found it a bit too

Im heading out with my dad and my 8 year old on thursday - we'll see how it goes! I'm still in between old swing and swing changes so lots of back and forth

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played in the smoke yesterday. Shot a smooth 98. Had some beautiful shots but also had three or four heel shanks (odd as can be) and my driver was all over the place. It's rough not practicing because I can see some of the results from the lessons but im not implementing them properly yet

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
got out yesterday AM. started on the back (the two par 5s on this side are the toughest on the course just because of the layout).

shot an 84 somehow. If I had a tee shot I'd have probably broken 80. Lost at least three strokes off the tee and was just putting myself in not great spots. thankfully everything else was in good enough shape

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
took my kid out yesterday with two of his teachers from 2nd grade (he's moving schools so he was already missing them). was a good time - they're both new golfers so we just had fun.

shot a 93 - typical could've been much better

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played saturday at Monroe Golf club.

They host this tournament yearly: The Official Website of The Monroe Invitational

It's a beautiful course - I've played it three times now. Shot a 90 that as usual could've been better (two lost tee shots and a few chunks, etc). The nice part is that the 90 was still ~3 strokes better than expected. So yay me! :D

Weather was gorgeous - could not complain at all!

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
was on vacation last week. won't get to play until maybe next weekend. and then I leave for my yearly golf trip. gonna be RUSTY!

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
played my yearly outing.

golf wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday and sunday.

Friday was HOT / HUMID - worn out after the first 18 and then I had to play 18 again!

Saturday AM was sane. More like 75 and no humidity. Saturday afternoon we made it through nine and then the heavens opened up while it cooled off! So it was a miserable additional nine holes. Finished and never enjoyed a hot shower so much in my life!

Sunday we actually skipped the golf at the course and got on the road early (they were open but only allowing walking and it was VERY wet). Did play on the way home though.

Im exhausted today but it was a great time as usual.

WNYTony

Presidente
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
played my yearly outing.

golf wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday and sunday.

Friday was HOT / HUMID - worn out after the first 18 and then I had to play 18 again!

Saturday AM was sane. More like 75 and no humidity. Saturday afternoon we made it through nine and then the heavens opened up while it cooled off! So it was a miserable additional nine holes. Finished and never enjoyed a hot shower so much in my life!

Sunday we actually skipped the golf at the course and got on the road early (they were open but only allowing walking and it was VERY wet). Did play on the way home though.

Im exhausted today but it was a great time as usual.
Sounds awesome ! Well, awesome being on the course and not at work, but it sounds like the weather could have been better. Hope you hit it fairly well.

I played Fri and Sat at home course and shot a lousy 89 both days - won me noting in the Member-Guest except a closest to the pin.
Played Sunday at an away course and shot 82 uugghh - could have used that Saturday..........

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sounds awesome ! Well, awesome being on the course and not at work, but it sounds like the weather could have been better. Hope you hit it fairly well.

I played Fri and Sat at home course and shot a lousy 89 both days - won me noting in the Member-Guest except a closest to the pin.
Played Sunday at an away course and shot 82 uugghh - could have used that Saturday..........

Shot a 90 / 93 and an 85.

Was just OK really. The 85 I missed one fairway. but couldn't putt for shit (a tale as old as time!! :D )

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played in a scramble in Syracuse yesterday.

I would've probably shot about 140 on my own ball.

I literally could not do a thing.

On the plus side I came home with about 30 cigars (it was the yearly fundraiser for the NYTA)