Society of Smoke
What's new
Society of Smoke

Welcome to Society of Smoke, the premiere gentlemans' site for cigar and pipe tobacco smoking discussion! Please take some time to register with the site and participate in our forum to enjoy features such as being able to post messages, private messages, and live chat.

So, where are all the golf nuts hiding?

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
On a side note, using the Golfpad app with my Apple Watch is a great experience. Premium membership is like $25 per year and is actually easy to use. Wasn’t a fan of it for the Samsung watch.
It even tracks club distance, provided you punch in the club before the shot. I forget a lot and add it after the shot, which skews the distance. Either way, I give it 4 out of 5 stars for Apple users

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
On a side note, using the Golfpad app with my Apple Watch is a great experience. Premium membership is like $25 per year and is actually easy to use. Wasn’t a fan of it for the Samsung watch.
It even tracks club distance, provided you punch in the club before the shot. I forget a lot and add it after the shot, which skews the distance. Either way, I give it 4 out of 5 stars for Apple users

thats awesome - 18birdies is my favorite app and they've just recently released a useable app for current samsung galaxy watches I dont have enough time to have an opinion yet though

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
89 on Saturday that should've been better. Drove the 15th green (for the second weekend in a row) - still only par'd it.

Still waiting on the new sticks to show up (THANKS FEDEX)

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played 27 today. The first 18 went real well, the last 9, not so much. I was tired, and it was 95* when I started at 11am. 103* when I was done. So goes golf in Texas. Not sure what was going on, but hit the ball really well.
1FEACEC8-05B6-44AC-98B7-675682125C96.pngFE238CE1-77DC-471C-9CF3-32C2539CAC26.png

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Played 27 today. The first 18 went real well, the last 9, not so much. I was tired, and it was 95* when I started at 11am. 103* when I was done. So goes golf in Texas. Not sure what was going on, but hit the ball really well.
View attachment 19265View attachment 19266
Solid stuff on that first round man! You can see the second just go off the rails.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Big baller Tim!!! Damn son, what’s those set you back, if you don’t mind me asking?

All of that (the hybrid down through) was about 2 grand. They missed the GW so im short a club.

I got fit for these at club champion (there's a post back end of may / early june detailing it) and they quoted me about 4k.

there's a guy online who does great work - he charges more reasonable prices.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
All of that (the hybrid down through) was about 2 grand. They missed the GW so im short a club.

I got fit for these at club champion (there's a post back end of may / early june detailing it) and they quoted me about 4k.

there's a guy online who does great work - he charges more reasonable prices.
I’m sure they’re a joy to hit. With new Pings being 12-1400 now, that’s a great price.

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I’m sure they’re a joy to hit. With new Pings being 12-1400 now, that’s a great price.

My titleist AP2s currently would be about 1400 stock off the shelf. I look at as this is a set of stock irons + graphite shaft upcharge and a hyrbid added for 2k. the cost wasn't out of line IMO. Had I bought them from CC - that's a different story :)