What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Gurkha Love

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
What's with all the Gurkha love?? Why does everyone talk so much shit about them? I've had a few that weren't terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopduro

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There is a fundamental flaw with Gurkha, the owner, does not smoke cigars... he thinks his cigars are the best out there, talks bad about other things.... and does not even smoke.
They price a cigar at 15 bucks (at the price, you can smoke... Fuente, Padron, CH, warped, Tat, LFD and many other high quality cigars, instead of a piece of junk not worth 1/10th it's price...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I love Diesel for yard gars because I can get a box (20/25) of ok sticks for like 45$, I don't get mad if it needs a relight, get rained on, falls overboard while fishing etc.

As far as Gurkha I haven't really enjoyed any that I've had, CA does rank some like Ninja pretty high though, FYI. I will say that if you can link PROOF that the owner doesn't smoke, they will never get another $ from this guy.

Glassman

Corona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Diesel for yard gars because I can get a box (20/25) of ok sticks for like 45$, I don't get mad if it needs a relight, get rained on, falls overboard while fishing etc.

As far as Gurkha I haven't really enjoyed any that I've had, CA does rank some like Ninja pretty high though, FYI. I will say that if you can link PROOF that the owner doesn't smoke, they will never get another $ from this guy.

Don't have to research much to see that he's an utter douchbag.

And the centurion may be the worst cigar I've ever smoked.

Hopduro

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

I will retract that previous statement cuz i can't find where i read that. He's not a cigar manufacturer, he's a marketing genius. Shitty cigars in a warehouse of a manufacturer fits his profit margin, buys them, slaps a rediculous MSRP on them, and people go crazy when they see a 60% off sale. Brilliant. Awful.

For that matter, the lost and found brand does this buying old stock thing too. Slap a new band on it with something funny and crude, sell it as a micro batch release.

Also, don't trust those CA ratings. Those are notoriously inflated depending on whether the company advertises with CA.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk