What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Your cut

Yakcraz

Toro
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What's you favorite way to cut a cigar: guillotine, punch, V? I have all three, but prefer a guillotine. I do keep a punch on my keys just in case.

BigFatPanda

Escaped primate
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Straight.
Sort of.
Confession time:
I use an exacto.
For most, I just slice the "skin" of the wrapper off the end.

For torpedos, I take off a small amount off the tip.
For flat heads, I cut a small circle in the end.

The blades are dirt cheap, I simply replace as soon as it gets dull, and I can precisely trim just what I want.
Used to use guillotines, but my last one got dull about a year ago.
My cigars are in my office/workshop, so I grabbed an exacto one evening to use temporarily, and never looked back.

I look at the cool, fancy cutters from time to time, but I've had nothing but success since I started cutting this way, so I just keep spending that money on cigars instead.
<shrug>

JG358

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Usually use a straight cut, ocasionally I pull out the deep v cut. Haven't used a punch in years.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Straight cut all the way, and sometimes, but rarely, a V-cut in an X (with a Colibri cutter, the Xikar V cutter is meh).

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
V-cut all the things - even the torps.

although this past weekend during my golf trip I guillotined it all because thats what I had on hand

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I usually always straight cut my cigars, but I lost my good cutter somewhere either in the garage or somewhere at the range. So, I picked up a a Colibri V cutter along with some new guillotines. Haven’t tried a V cut before, and never really was a fan of punch cutters.

Almi

Corona
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a number of different punches, cutters and an Xikar V cut but for the most part I always go back to my Cuban Crafters Perfect cut. Thing just flat out dose a great job every time.

jvd1230

Petite Lancero
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Typically I use a straight guillotine, but some cigars i use a punch on, particularly ones where the wrapper is prone to cracking when cut.

Pennywise827

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Straight.
Sort of.
Confession time:
I use an exacto.
For most, I just slice the "skin" of the wrapper off the end.

For torpedos, I take off a small amount off the tip.
For flat heads, I cut a small circle in the end.

The blades are dirt cheap, I simply replace as soon as it gets dull, and I can precisely trim just what I want.
Used to use guillotines, but my last one got dull about a year ago.
My cigars are in my office/workshop, so I grabbed an exacto one evening to use temporarily, and never looked back.

I look at the cool, fancy cutters from time to time, but I've had nothing but success since I started cutting this way, so I just keep spending that money on cigars instead.
<shrug>
How do you cut your cigars?

Harlan: dissect the foreskin down to the dermal layer...

Jesus man. Love ya....but youre skurry sometimes.

I vary between a straight and a V from that ever so unpopular Xikar V. Maybe thats why I tend to do straight most the times. Will look into the other.