What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Used my wife’s fancy wine for cooking, need help!

Mr_Draned

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey gang!
The other night there wasn’t much in the fridge, the kids were hungry, and we needed to eat.
Using my culinary chops, I found the ingredients for spaghetti bolognese.
One of which was a cup of white wine.
The dinner came out great for me and the girls!
When my wife got home, she poured a glass of wine, laughed, and told me the bottle I opened was a nice French wine she was saving for Thanksgiving.
Oops!
Here is where I need some help.

Here in PA, you can only get wine at a State Store, and the selection is ok, but nothing too special.

I know there are some wine guys on here.
Any suggestions on a good bottle of white wine from France?

SoCal Gunner

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hey gang!
The other night there wasn’t much in the fridge, the kids were hungry, and we needed to eat.
Using my culinary chops, I found the ingredients for spaghetti bolognese.
One of which was a cup of white wine.
The dinner came out great for me and the girls!
When my wife got home, she poured a glass of wine, laughed, and told me the bottle I opened was a nice French wine she was saving for Thanksgiving.
Oops!
Here is where I need some help.

Here in PA, you can only get wine at a State Store, and the selection is ok, but nothing too special.

I know there are some wine guys on here.
Any suggestions on a good bottle of white wine from France?
What was the name on the French bottle? Was it a Chardonnay?

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
So I researched a little bit and found this below to be top of the line bottle. I think there's some coupon codes on the page as well if you pull the trigger. I'm sure she will be happy with it. Not very familiar with wines, I just picked the oldest $15 bottle I could find when my wife drank.
Description:
2015 Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse De Lalande ($200)
The Médoc’s 61 classified growths are the apex of Bordeaux’s Cabernet-based wines. Pichon Lalande is one of the best, and the 2015 is a perfect example of a great Bordeaux red’s gift for combining elegance with power.
Buy: