What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Today’s Bowl 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Hmmm can’t get stem off to clean before I lit up... any suggestions? @ak2000 @Sweemzander
b97db0c9c6eebb5e3f73b9c9c46ea72c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I've read to always remove and put on turning clockwise, if that helps.

Also I've used a dry lubricant on stems that get stuck. I'll have to check what it is when I'm back in the office.

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
This is what I use on sticky stems. Make sure to shake it up really well before using.

d92f1b5026dfbb1d974c10be94f1ff56.jpg
My Vauen sticks real bad, i tried a dab of liquid wrench dry lube on it but it didnt help but a few times. Im afraid of breaking the stem off. It smokes wet i have to take it apart 4 or 5 times a bowl. I need to get a filter for it...

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
My Vauen sticks real bad, i tried a dab of liquid wrench dry lube on it but it didnt help but a few times. Im afraid of breaking the stem off. It smokes wet i have to take it apart 4 or 5 times a bowl. I need to get a filter for it...
Probably need more than a dab. I coated the tenon of my problem pipes with this stuff. Your Vauen takes 9mm filters right? PM me your address and I'll send you some.

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I wonder without killing it, if i took some 1000-2000 grit sand paper to it. Problem is i dont want to put the stem in all the way because of it and it looks goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.