What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Today’s Bowl 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Bowl of Mississippi River and noticed this.... possibly happened when i smoked that gh brown flake and it got hotter than damn hell fire.View attachment 1256

I find that if my bowl gets too hot.....
I'm smoking something too wet and having to freight train it to stay lit
Or Not smoking something strong enough for ME and freight training it to compensate

Stupid Tapatalk

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I folded and stuffed and put some broken up loose flakes on top to light. (Read about this technique) I wasnt hot boxing it it just got hot! So apparently i did it wrong i suppose. I find to sipping and tamping when needed just enough to keep it lit gives the most flavors.

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I folded and stuffed and put some broken up loose flakes on top to light. (Read about this technique) I wasnt hot boxing it it just got hot! So apparently i did it wrong i suppose. I find to sipping and tamping when needed just enough to keep it lit gives the most flavors.
I think that shredded tobacco on the dryer side smokes the coolest, so I rub out or grind all flakes and ropes before loading. I also think this gives the fullest flavors from the tobacco, YMMV

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
MacBaren Acadian Perique from 2015 in a Savinelli Punto Oro Mister G, one of the few Virginias that doesn't bite me

d79e4adb887596cceda5767976cc89be.jpg

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I think that shredded tobacco on the dryer side smokes the coolest, so I rub out or grind all flakes and ropes before loading. I also think this gives the fullest flavors from the tobacco, YMMV
How long do i let it sit to dry? Say a slab of dunhill flake what do i do with it? Its kind of intimidating actually.

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
How long do i let it sit to dry? Say a slab of dunhill flake what do i do with it? Its kind of intimidating actually.
I'm not familiar with that particular tobacco. Depends on how moist it is. 5-15 minutes for most, up to a couple hours for others IME. You don't want it crispy, just moist enough for a perfect bowl. Some people microwave for a few seconds if they're in a hurry, I've never done this personally.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0

Let it sit out and give it a feel with your fingers every 5mins. You’ll learn after a few times what a good moisture level is for a particular blend. If you squeeze the tobacco together and it doesn’t spring back, then it’s too damp typically... like raw bread dough... don’t want it clumpy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yakcraz

Toro
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What did you think?

Stupid Tapatalk
I liked the flavor. It was harder to get lit though. I don’t think I broke it up enough because I packed the bowl last night & let it sit till this morning to dry a little. Once it got going it smoked good till about halfway through the bowl. Then it stared going out. After a couple relights, I stirred it up a little, tamped it back down, & relight. It smoked well after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.