What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

The Best Budget Tobaccos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've been wondering about budget pipe tobaccos and whether or not they're worth my time. I've been looking in particular at Carter Hall, Captain Black, and Mac Baren Seven Seas blends and I've been wondering if they're any good whatsoever. I know Captain Black is basically Lane Limited floor tobacco, but it seems like people like it. What budget tobaccos would you good people of Society of Smoke recommend?

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Really comes down to personal taste, I like carter hall, but would rather smoke nothing than CPT black, But I know guys that swear by it. Another to take a look at is the Super Value line, its the Sutliff floor swppeing brand, and i know a guy that would rather buy that than the main line stuff.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Xingpao

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pipes and Cigars has Lane 1Q at well less than $2 an ounce right now and I swear by that stuff. A must try if you haven't yet

Jody

Rothschild
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone’s tastes are different. I rather enjoy Captain Black and smoke it almost everyday.

Jody

Yakcraz

Toro
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
In general I would consider most pipe tobacco budget friendly in comparison to cigars. I really enjoy Carter Hall & would actually pay more for it if the price ever went up just because I enjoy it. But it all goes back to smoke what you enjoy. If you enjoy a cheap blend, then lucky you.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I agree with the “budget baccy” being redundant. Thats said my daily is MacBaren Virginia 1, buy it buy the pound. Otherwise Stokebye is pretty solid across the board and usually on the “cheaper” side.