What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Reloading Equipment

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
@Pennywise827, got me thinking this would be a good thread.
What type of reloading equipment you got? Likes? Dislikes? ETC

I just started reloading like a year+ ago. Using Hornady single stage and like it a lot. Went single stage for rifle rounds as well as pistol and figured good 1st press and price, plus TONS of rebates at the time. I can do around 200/hr 9mm. I will end up with a progressive at some point I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I have a Hornady LNL AP and I love it. Very very easy to change calibers and just plain works well. I keep adding on accessories, want to pickup the Inline Fab roller handle, the bullet bins and the skylight led system. Also want to pickup another powder measure setup strictly for rifles, I hate changing between pistol and rifle on it. Also want the micrometer inserts. It’s never ending just like everything else.
My Reloading Bench

Attachments

• 37B7E944-3B84-4DD0-AFB6-2C434E462607.jpeg
    37B7E944-3B84-4DD0-AFB6-2C434E462607.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I have a Hornady LNL AP and I love it. Very very easy to change calibers and just plain works well. I keep adding on accessories, want to pickup the Inline Fab roller handle, the bullet bins and the skylight led system. Also want to pickup another powder measure setup strictly for rifles, I hate changing between pistol and rifle on it. Also want the micrometer inserts. It’s never ending just like everything else.
My Reloading Bench

Nice set up, I'm a bit jealous

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Lee presses. Two of em.

Pro 1000 for handgun (mostly .40)
Classic Turret for rifle (30-30, .223/5.56, 6.8 SPC II)

I haven't reloaded in three or four years though. I should get back to it.

Pennywise827

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I currently have zero space to set up in my new home. I need to build my workbench. I inherited a Hornaday single stager from my grandfather, and got myself a Dillon 650 for when I finally get set up.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
How is the Dillon 650? Consistency round to round? Ease of use? I am between Dillon and Hornady for progressive loader when I pull the trigger on one.

Pennywise827

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Go with the Dillon. I went back and forth a lot before choosing...ultimately went with the Dillon based on ALOT of older reloaders advice. I haven't set it up yet, so IDK about it personally. I'll PM you some info.

JG358

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I run a dillon 650 for most handgun rounds and 556. Rockchucker and partner press for 45 colt and hunting/long range. Thinking a couple dedicated Square Deal B's would be nice for 9mm and 45acp.

BigFatPanda

Escaped primate
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Since I'm in the Phoenix area, Dillon is local to me, so I'm biased... But they've treated me right for years, so I'm comfortable recommending them.
Some guys prefer other brands, and caliber swaps are different between companies. I know many guys say swaps are easier on some other presses.
You can set up Dillon for fast/easy swaps, but it does cost $$.

If you haven't already, go to Dillon's website and sign up for their newsletter/catalog.

It's free, usually has a decent article or two, and a bunch of ads for reloading supplies (not just Dillon). I think Dillon is the only press for sale in the catalog, but they sell other gun/reloading stuff from lots of companies.

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I spent a good amount of time deciding between the Dillon 650XL and the Hornady LNL AP. For me, I wanted a 5 station press, so it was down to these two. I decided on the Hornady due to the time it takes to change calibers on it as opposed to the 650. Changing calibers on the 650 is a chore, and the Caliber conversion kits are more expensive. So I got quicker caliber changes for less money. But, that came down to what I decided. The 650 is a great press as well.

Jody

Rothschild
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for the Dillon. I have the 650XL and reload mostly .45ACP and 5.56mm and it is sweet!! Powder drops are very accurate and consistent.i ended up getting a lot of accessories, the auto case feeder, power case trimmer, roller handle, on and on. Dillion’s customer service is second to none. Yes, they are expensive but worth every penny in my opinion. I’ve been reloading for close to 30 years and have used and still use most of the brands out there, if you’re looking for consistency and quantity the 650XL is the shit. Nothing wrong with the Hornady LNL AP, I load on one of those too, I just prefer the Dillon. The Dillon also holds it’s value really well which is a nice plus.
73D0EBCA-BFC5-4565-A0AC-000E52EAD8A4.jpeg

Jody

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Dillon 550. Mostly pistol calibers, but want to start rifle. Need to get to the range more to justify it though.
Dillon presses are the shit. The 550 has been on my wish list for 5+ years now. Sitting on thousands of 9mm, 5.56, and .38 spl. brass.
Just havent pulled the trigger yet. Golf eats up all my free time.
One day....