What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Lighter Suggestions

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Ok, well I guess my lighters I've had for 15 years kicked the bucket. What does everyone use for a on the go lighter? I need a torch, 1-3 burners, something to use at the range where wind can be an issue sometimes. Doesn't have to be fancy, just needs to get the job done.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
I use an st Dupont maxi jet for a torch myself. Had it for 5yrs so far. I want to nab an I’m corona torch though sometime, they’re soft flame lighter has been awesome for a long time now.

Mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving my Palio single jet.. more so than the single or double Allumes that I had. Holds at least 5+ lights, prob more like 10 now that I'm using better butane. 15307184173571925435679838809977.jpg
The finish doesn't stand up to pocket wear though, but none really do..

Navyvet

Petite Lancero
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Xikar xferno double jet not 20 but not 260 either 70 bucks worth it can get it cheaper with discounts

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
this one has worked great

Z-Plus Torch Flame Lighter Insert https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JXF7KW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.c-oBbBF5E1HN
I don't recommend this one. I've had several of the pipe versions and they are hit or miss for quality control. My daily carry is a Blazer PB-207 and has been for almost 20 years. They don't last forever, but I usually get 5-8 years out of them if I use good fuel, which is important for torch lighters. Try to find one without the safety, it's a PITA.

ea3d78283237b6a17f0d1db438a8c323.jpg

mitetak

Founder Lite
Staff member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I don't recommend this one. I've had several of the pipe versions and they are hit or miss for quality control. My daily carry is a Blazer PB-207 and has been for almost 20 years. They don't last forever, but I usually get 5-8 years out of them if I use good fuel, which is important for torch lighters. Try to find one without the safety, it's a PITA.

ea3d78283237b6a17f0d1db438a8c323.jpg
I had heard the same. but for the price took the leap and have had zero problems. I'd recommend it any time. but YMMV

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Thank you all, lots of good options here. Sorry, work has been crazy and probably won't slow down for awhile, I do appreciate everyone's suggestions. They closed down our range here due to fire danger, so I have some time before I need to buy a new lighter, My desktop lighter is still working ok. I'll take a look at all of them. Thanks again!

GoBISON

Robusto
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Ok, well I guess my lighters I've had for 15 years kicked the bucket. What does everyone use for a on the go lighter? I need a torch, 1-3 burners, something to use at the range where wind can be an issue sometimes. Doesn't have to be fancy, just needs to get the job done.
:unsure:
I'd recommend the Xikar Stratosphere
1-3 burners: 1(y)
wind issue - windproof (y)
Doesn't have to be fancy - (y)it has a string so you won't lose it:cool:
high altitude - just look where you live (y)
:eek::eek:look at all those (y):LOL::cool:\m/

JG358

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
39   0   0

My favorite lighter. (y)

None of the fancy lighters I've ever owned were reliable at 12k plus feet.

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0

It checked every box, and works extremely well, thank you my friend!

GoBISON

Robusto
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It checked every box, and works extremely well, thank you my friend!
I had a hell of time trying to find that thing here... I bought it over 2 years ago one late late night on cbid I think :unsure:
The kit came with the xikar can ashtray as well - I don't use that thing either:ROFLMAO:
I switched over to dual flames and use the Stinky can for the vehicle.(y)