What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Is this still an active forum?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, sure is. I assume you can see quite a few posts from today

I do. However, I signed up for another forum that also had several posts and I could never contribute.

So, good! Nice to see my posts are getting through.

I, obviously, am new to the forum. I turned 54 last Saturday and returned to pipe smoking last fall, after a 30 hiatus. I am enjoying my return, maybe a little too much. Coming off a heavy dose of pipe acquisition disorder (PAD) in which, somehow, I ended up with more than 15 pipes...I traded all of those in (plus some cash) for 5 vintage Castellos. I also purchased a birth year (1965) Dunhill and several handmade pipes. I have slowed down...phew! Now, I’m coming off a tobacco binge, starting off with aromatics and settling into English blends and VaPers. I have found what I like in pipe shapes (pots) and tobaccos.

Crazy, crazy, crazy! The internet is a blessing and a curse.

I am excited to be here and I look forward to learning more!

Thanks all,

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigFatPanda

Escaped primate
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sarcasm is right up my alley!

Then you'll fit in famously.

In all seriousness, it's a relatively new forum made up mainly of refugees from other forums.

You're familiar with the Statue of Liberty poem, I'm sure? The line that talks about "wretched refuse"?
That's proudly us (speaking only for myself, of course).

So anyway, new-ish forum.
Loveably degenerate members.
Building content a bit at a time.

A lot of cigar smokers, but several pretty experienced pipe guys too.

So join in and have fun. If you want to know who to watch out for to cause problems, look at the membership list. It's all of them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you decided to stay and welcome from IL from another 65er. I've been casually searching for a birth year Dunhill but haven't seen one that really speaks to me yet.

Are you on Facebook? I got mine from a fella named Carsten Anderson and I found him through the Vintage Dunhill Facebook group. He had a few.

ak2000

Churchill
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Are you on Facebook? I got mine from a fella named Carsten Anderson and I found him through the Vintage Dunhill Facebook group. He had a few.

Nope, not on Facebook. My wife shows it to me all the time and I honestly can't stand most of the crap people post about themselves on there. I don't like all of the "look at me and how wonderful I am" shameless self promotion. Blech

multi-useless

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Then you'll fit in famously.

In all seriousness, it's a relatively new forum made up mainly of refugees from other forums.

You're familiar with the Statue of Liberty poem, I'm sure? The line that talks about "wretched refuse"?
That's proudly us (speaking only for myself, of course).

So anyway, new-ish forum.
Loveably degenerate members.
Building content a bit at a time.

A lot of cigar smokers, but several pretty experienced pipe guys too.

So join in and have fun. If you want to know who to watch out for to cause problems, look at the membership list. It's all of them.
Pretty sure everyone here has referred to you as "wretched refuse" once or twice too, Harlan. Also, I don't instagram but I've been thinking I should Snapchat. Do you Snapchat? Also, what is snapchat?

And oh yeah, welcome aboard to the new guy!