What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Interesting times we live in

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It’s crazy times nowadays. I have however, found a small beacon of hope for America. Yesterday, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the 2nd Ammendment by saying that states have to accept personal protection as a viable reason for a concealed carry license.
I understand that a few states might choose to not allow CC at all, which is fine. Government was always supposed to start at the community level and radiate outwards, not a federal system dictating how should live our lives. Whether the left wants to believe it or not, we are not a democracy, where the mob rules. We are a constitutional Republic which means there are certain inalienable rights inherent in being an American that CANNOT be fucked with. That’s the key point.
Today, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade in a landmark case. This puts the issue of Abortion back in the states hands, as it should’ve been all along.
There might be hope for our country yet. Whether you lean left or right, you should understand what made the United States what it is today, the greatest country in the world. Our system is broken, and hopefully, the appointments that Trump put in the federal judiciary system will balance the scales.
Truth is that when either side controls everything, we veer off the path. Individual freedom is the entire purpose of the constitution.
I hope that this doesn’t offend anyone, and make them shut down the open and honest debates that are truly needed to make this republic function.
I also realize that we are a majority of conservatives on this forum. I for one, am elated at the recent rulings, and hope they balance the scale even more with several issues.
With all this being said, I will tip my hand and say that Trump’s federal judge appointments will be his greatest legacy. He was truly playing chess while the left was playing checkers.