What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Interesting afternoon!

BloodWood

Perfecto
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Sure hope everyone involved is OK.
They generally have pretty good controls implemented for those popup stands.
Did the news report divulge the ignition?

Way back when I worked for Astro Pyrotechnics we had a similar incident at one of our factories in Rialto, CA.
Some SOB was pissed at his wife, who also worked at the plant, so he ignited the powder room killing himself and injuring others.
The boom was heard all the way across town. Of course, Rialto was much smaller back then.

OneStrangeOne

Perfecto
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sure hope everyone involved is OK.
They generally have pretty good controls implemented for those popup stands.
Did the news report divulge the ignition?

Way back when I worked for Astro Pyrotechnics we had a similar incident at one of our factories in Rialto, CA.
Some SOB was pissed at his wife, who also worked at the plant, so he ignited the powder room killing himself and injuring others.
The boom was heard all the way across town. Of course, Rialto was much smaller back then.

They haven’t said, when I drove by there was two teenagers wrestling around (kickboxing gloves) one of the neighbors who is closest said that right before it happened one of the kids was chasing the other one around the stand pointing something at him, she said she thought it was a lighter, I’m guessing it was some sort of fireworks, sparkler, Roman candle maybe. No injuries or anything, they did lose the stand though