What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

I’m still around

Long Haired Country Boy

Petite Lancero
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Didn’t want y’all to think I’d fell off the face of the earth, things have been hectic around here these days. I’m still dealing with the sale of my folks place, packing, trying to locate the abstract and most of all trying to find an apartment.

The local apartments really screwed me over. I was first in line for an apartment and I renewed my application early so they’d have it when my original expired. They looked the app over and okayed it. Next thing I knew they had dropped me from first in line to 15th.

Their excuse was that I’d neglected to date it, but then they had me back date it to before the first one expired. Problem is they own 3 of the 5 apartments in town and the other two won’t accept pets. So as time for closing draws nearer, I’m still without a place to move to.

I also worked on getting my drivers license back. It hag been suspended because I’d couldn’t get to the eye doctor in time and I finally just said screw it. However, I’ve been seeing a new ophthalmologist and I had him fill out the report.

Last year he’d removed a cataract from my good eye and then I’d had the blind eye removed by another doctor. The ophthalmologist reported that I no longer need glasses that my current vision is 20/30 (before it was 20/70 with glasses).

Bottom line is my license had been renewed AND they removed several restrictions from my license. Gone are: Daylight driving only, no interstate driving, corrective lenses. They left 2 restrictions: food fruit or candy within reach (diabetic thing) and the dumbest one left hand outside rear view mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Long Haired Country Boy

Petite Lancero
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I developed a dry cough and took some time away from cigars. It’s finally gone thankfully.

The 23rd I was informed that my aide had tested positive for Covid. Her main symptom? A dry cough. So I’ve been self quarantined over the Christmas weekend and will stay that way through New Years.

The bank has informed us that closing on the house will be in 14 days, with holidays and weekends I figure that’ll be the week of the 10th.

The buyers told me that they have no intention of moving in during winter, so I should be here through March, which suits me fine as I have no wish to move out during winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro