What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Draw Tool Showdown

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm a member of several cigar forums, and this seemingly innocuous item is very forum specific. One forum is all for brand X, and another board, you never hear mention of it, because everyone is all about brand Y. So, my question is this, which do you prefer?
Modus II
61JvMDWQHEL._SL1500_.jpeg
Or Perfecdraw?
Capture+_2019-03-25-07-29-27.jpeg
They seem to have very similar, or identical pricing, and since I went with the Modus, for all the extras, can confirm it comes backed with a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

bwhite220

Hug Master
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had quite a few of these tools and so far, the Perfect Draw tool is my favorite one. However, I have not had, or used, the Modus II so I could not do a side-by-side comparison. But, since getting the Perfect Draw tool almost 2 years ago, I have never said, "I wish I had a different tool with me" when my cigar has issues.

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
These two seem to be the one's you want if you're gonna get one! I haven't desired a different tool either! Guess they bith so what they were built to do, instead of just soak a desperate smoker with a clogged stick outta $20.

BloodWood

Perfecto
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Want to talk about cheap but very effective?
Been using the same biology teasing needle since the mid '90s.
I've turned a few fancy pokers for friends, but I'm very happy my $2 de-plugger.
I bought the Modus II a while back and wasn't impressed.
Wouldn't recommend it for sticks with delicate Cameroon wrappers.
t2670.gif

needle.jpg

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have had quite a few of these tools and so far, the Perfect Draw tool is my favorite one. However, I have not had, or used, the Modus II so I could not do a side-by-side comparison. But, since getting the Perfect Draw tool almost 2 years ago, I have never said, "I wish I had a different tool with me" when my cigar has issues.

B said it best, nothing more to add here

TxChevyZ71

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a perfecdraw and it worked very well. The other day my perfectdraw went missing. I bought another.

I maybe shoulda bought a modus, I like the all in one design... maybe next time

multi-useless

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
By the title of this thread, I was expecting to hear about 2 guys in a fight to the death using draw tools. In which case I'd bet on the guy with the perfecdraw, because that's what I use for stabbing cigars and I love it

csk415

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a super small 6" drill bit I use. Guess it works the same as the PD. If I were to buy one it would not be the modus. The modus is not visually appealing to me. Dont forget about the Redeemer

Attachments

• hw-ct-rdmr-bk.jpg
    hw-ct-rdmr-bk.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 17

Opie

Belicoso
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
After seeing Joe’ s modus, I’ll stick with my perfect draw. I like smaller RG sticks and, I think I’d damage too many with that big ole harpoon. Probably hurt myself in the process too :ROFLMAO:

TxChevyZ71

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a super small 6" drill bit I use. Guess it works the same as the PD. If I were to buy one it would not be the modus. The modus is not visually appealing to me. Dont forget about the Redeemer

I have been eyeing the Redeemer but I can’t bring myself to pay what they are asking. I can buy both a modus and a perfecdraw for that price.

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@Opie, ive seen that thing cause many a grievous wounds to an inattentive user.... No Modus battle scars for me though.

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Another vote for the perfecdraw. Don't have experience with any other device on the market, but don't know why you'd need anything other than the PD.

Cigary

Director of Cynicism Sarcasm and Sardonic response
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably own every draw tool made...from the Draw Poker, Redeemer, Modus I and 2 and 2 more that a friend of mine made 8 years ago. The best of them IMO is the Modus 2...when used correctly there isn't anything in the market that works better .

Dran

Churchill
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've since picked up the PD, so now own 2, the modus is definately a better large rg tool, but that harpoon keeps it away from lancers, and PD as a nub tool... No thanks, makes me feel like I need to offer it a little blue pill, as the foot always seems to point at the ground! Best bet is to expand your arsenal so you have all your bases covered! Though if you could only own one, the Modus edges out PD, solely because of its versatility!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
Like others, my first and only draw tool is the PD. I can also vouch for their customer service. The clean-out cap on mine had buggered threads and kept falling off. I e-mailed PD and they sent a replacement right away.
Did they make you ship the bad one back??

Alaska

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! Told me to keep it for my trouble, so I glued the cap on and put it on standby duty in the pocket of my “yurt” chair.