What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Do you drone?

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
So i took a plunge with a small Tello drone, just for shits and giggles, and boy is it fun :p Its like flying RC's w/o a big crash potential compared to model airplanes and helicopters. Nabbed the drone, remote controller, and altitude unlocker for roughly $135. The quality of video and photos isnt mindblowing, but it has been a great beginner drone.

Does anyone else dabble in this hobby?

2-800x800.jpg

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My problem with these is the battery life, most sub $200 drones are under $15 minutes. Give me a gas power one and I'd be on board 🚁
They seem like fun though, I've seen the drone racing videos quite a few times.

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
My problem with these is the battery life, most sub $200 drones are under $15 minutes. Give me a gas power one and I'd be on board 🚁
They seem like fun though, I've seen the drone racing videos quite a few times.

I know the tello one has an optional 3 bay battery charger, so can keep 4 in rotation. Even at that, it takes about 75mins to charge one battery through the drone itself!

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know the tello one has an optional 3 bay battery charger, so can keep 4 in rotation. Even at that, it takes about 75mins to charge one battery through the drone itself!
Ah, well at least if you charge them all ahead of time and plan you get a solid 50 minutes of air time, which isn't so bad. Any examples of the photo's its taken? 720p is better than I would imagine they'd come equipped with.

csk415

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Broke out the DJI Mavic 2

Have it on training wheels mode atm till Iam familiar with it. Launched its maiden flight at the cigar shop.

003d02cd28c19c19ee0dcfbe583d219a.jpg
5ae3d2f1b60445b0f946008efeeaecfd.jpg
765639bbb84619310de3a33574cff841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you have a lot of trees to fly that thing into. Cigar shop someones garage?