What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

What are you reading?

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I know I'm not the only bookworm here, so post up what you are reading, what you want to read or just finished reading:

For me just finished the 2nd in the series thanks to a botl, who doesn't seem to be on here :confused:

166857.jpg

Just started the 3rd in the series thanks to @Opie

16395913.jpg

and if you care you can see my list or turn me onto other books, I prefer true crime, autobiographies, horror and memoirs

Mickey Tompkins’s books on Goodreads (1,588 books)

admartinct

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Two most recent books - on Audible:

The Martian, now one of my favorite books of all time. Saw the movie first, I think its the only film adaptation of a book that I would say did a pretty damn good job.

cover1200x1200.jpg

Then No Country For Old Men. Loved the movie, book was good too. Just felt slow at times, was difficult to pay attention to while listening at work.

NCFOM.jpg

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Finished up American Sniper last week (for the second time) and started Lone Survivor (again, for the second time) Both are excellent books, and twice as good as their movies. A LOT more happened to Marcus Lutrell than the movie shows. He was in that village for two weeks, not an afternoon.

Last edited:

Redneck_toy

Double Corona
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
After finishing Lone Survivor tonight (for the second time) did a little sleuthing on the interwebs and found this. Tells the story of the Marines that hunted Shah down (after Operation Red Wings)
Military biographies are one of my favorite reads.
20190508_061449.jpg