What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Coffee Dreams

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks to @Unpossible_1 & his wife got me a really nice french press, so I of course have to get some gourmet coffee now, so just placed an order for Black Dog Coffee DogWatch Dark Blend.....I'm planning on trying some different coffees here on out.

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
My 1st coffee order came in (I'm new to this coffee thing, sue me). Drinking it this morning, it's quite bitter I had to add a sweetener to it. Maybe my palate has changed and I prefer medium roasts to dark roasts.

I made it with the French press that @Unpossible_1 and his wife gave me for my bday.

a2fa6d7344f843fcf66e9154731b5e13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D.L.Ruth

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My 1st coffee order came in (I'm new to this coffee thing, sue me). Drinking it this morning, it's quite bitter I had to add a sweetener to it. Maybe my palate has changed and I prefer medium roasts to dark roasts.

I made it with the French press that @Unpossible_1 and his wife gave me for my bday.

a2fa6d7344f843fcf66e9154731b5e13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If it is bitter in a french press is usually caused by over extraction. Possible issues: too fine of a grind, leaving the grounds in contact with the water too long, or water too hot.

irratebass

Churchill
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If it is bitter in a french press is usually caused by over extraction. Possible issues: too fine of a grind, leaving the grounds in contact with the water too long, or water too hot.
Thanks Ruth, I was told this earlier today, gonna try the drip method tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ritter6788

Rothschild
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Gotta try some Cuban coffee if you can get your hands on it. This is the 4th brand I’ve tried and it’s some of the best coffee I’ve ever had. Wife says it’s the best but I liked the montecristo a bit better. I drink it straight black brewed in a coffee pot or make Cuban style coffee in a moka pot. That moka pot makes straight rocket fuel. 79C6BBB9-2A55-4DCB-93B2-FEC1AD4CC48D.jpeg

D.L.Ruth

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gotta try some Cuban coffee if you can get your hands on it. This is the 4th brand I’ve tried and it’s some of the best coffee I’ve ever had. Wife says it’s the best but I liked the montecristo a bit better. I drink it straight black brewed in a coffee pot or make Cuban style coffee in a moka pot. That moka pot makes straight rocket fuel. View attachment 2135

Moka pot does make quite a stout coffee but super tasty