What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Welcome to Casa Trompeta Cigars

Marc L

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Casa Trompeta Cigars

Casa Trompeta Cigars

Welcome to Casa Trompeta Cigars, my little corner of the cigar world. I started rolling my own cigars in early 2011, with varied results. The first cigars were visually quite bad, but they still managed to smoke and taste okay. Quickly, this hobby brought a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction. You really can create some fine tasting smokes! Plus, it's a LOT cheaper to roll your own rather than purchase them at a local store or online. This page is here to give you some idea of the materials used, how you can roll your own, and what you can expect or hope to achieve.

My appearance on the Half Ashed cigar podcast: Half Ashed Episode 41
If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me at stewdeepblue@gmail.com. I do not sell my cigars, but I am always up for a trade! Where can you buy leaf and tools??? Try either of these fine companies:
WholeLeafTobacco.com * or * LeafOnly.com

Here are some instructional videos of mine, followed by some examples of pros who REALLY do a good job.​

The following links are to three very good videos that show master rollers making a cigar from start to finish. There many videos of this kind on YouTube, but few are instructional, so while you see the techniques used, the more specific motions and ideas are gained by trying to figure out what and why they doing what they are. These are the kinds of videos I watched to learn the craft.

PICTURES!!! These are shots of some of the equipment that you need, or may simply want, for your rolling.
6x43moldcigars.jpg
chopped.jpg
lancerosmold.jpg

tuckandtools.jpg
Tuck Cutter2.JPG
TuckCutter1.JPG

plasticmolds.jpg
MoldPress2.jpg
labels.jpg

The following are pictures of ordered leaf, in and out of their delivery bags, and in their storage containers.
wrappers.jpg
tableleaf.jpg
readytoroll.jpg
AutumnLeaves.jpg
leafinventory.jpg
wrappercigars.jpg
leafinventory2.jpg
DryStorage2.JPG
leafbins.jpg

Last edited:

Jim D

Petite Lancero
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty work Marc! Your storage organization makes mine look primitive! And your inventory is impressive, very nice Marc, very nice.