What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Cigar Glue

TheFlask

Lonsdale
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I used fruit pectin. As far as ratio I used less than a teaspoon and just added water till it got thinned out. Doesn't take much. Especially when you are only rolling a few cigars.

Marc L

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thicker it is the faster the drying time as well as the amount of tack it will have. I use 8 parts water to 1 part gum powder. It comes out like a thick jell not quite polish. A drop of water can always be added if it is drying to fast.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The thicker it is the faster the drying time as well as the amount of tack it will have. I use 8 parts water to 1 part gum powder. It comes out like a thick jell not quite polish. A drop of water can always be added if it is drying to fast.

What "gum powder"? Gotta link?

Stupid Tapatalk

Marc L

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally Posted by MarcL

I like this stuff. Gum Tragacanth, no bad smell or taste, a little goes a long way.

I'll take a half of teaspoon or so, to an once or so of distilled water and, bring it to a boil slowly in the microwave. stirring before and throughout boiling.

It only takes about 50 seconds or so.

I really need to make an exact recipe. I always just kinda mess with it.

This makes a thick paste that, I'll need to add a few drops of water to.

I'll cool it in the refrigerator before and after use.
It will thicken when cooled. and will thin out a little at room temperature.

And will need to ad water when it sits in the open air for too long.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gum-Tragacan...3D230557002789

The recipe I came up with is 8 to 1 parts. that is, 1/2 teaspoon tragacanth powder and 4 teaspoons of distilled water. What I'll do is, using a 2 cup measuring cup, add the ingredients together and, with a stainless steel spatula work out the lumps before heating in the microwave for 40 or so seconds folding 2 or 3 times in between.

I will place the measuring cup on an ice pack and stir it to cool it some before putting it in a small jar. this comes out pretty thick like paste or polish. when in use, it dries fairly quickly. A half of drop of water is enough to bring it back if I leave the cap off for to long but, I tend to have a damp cloth on hand so, I use that instead if I'll need any dampening. I will keep it in the refrigerator when not in use.

Marc L

Robusto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. Are you supposed to boil pectin first to? I can't get it very tacky. It works but not like the glue they ship out.

Stupid Tapatalk
Fruit pectin brings me back a little while but, double boiling I prefer but, the microwave (10 seconds then stir 2 0r 3 times) is easy/faster. Never direct heat. Constant attention. It seems to help. It seems most people just mix and let set.