What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Pipe lighter

D.L.Ruth

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What does everyone use for lighting their pipes? I'm looking at getting a lighter specifically for pipes that is not a Bic (wife keeps stealing them). I'm on a pretty tight budget with a move coming up so looking for something pretty budget friendly but refillable and reliable

Sweemzander

Meadmaker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
industry standard is IM Corona Old Boys, but on the pricey side... yet you will never need another pipe lighter. There are a few in-betweens. Xikar has one called the pipeline. Do a few searches for pipe lighters. Kiribi does a solid one too. That & the classic zippo pipe line

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The flame comes out the side instead of the top and you don't have to hold the button down and risk burning your thumb. Plus it looks swanky!

I know what they are. I was just curious why use one over a 1$ Bic. I've never had an issue firing a bowl with my bic, except a little soot on the rim. Pipe lighter still do that?

Stupid Tapatalk

Bostoneo

The Chosen One
Staff member
Rating - 100%
262   0   0

Prine

Robusto
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hmm, interesting. I have two pipe lighters and half the time I just end up using my soft flame butane lighter insert on a zippo. The zippo pipe lighter works, as does the pipe lighter, but I guess I just gravitate to my normal.

D.L.Ruth

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The one issue I have with the 4th generation lighter is that there is no way to see how much fuel is left...ran out this morning :cry: