What's new
Society of Smoke

Register to get access to post to the forum, chat, and send private messages.

Fish Pics!!!!

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
794dfeb8e330fdd1a302b6a98722b7a3.jpg

83c0a78adf3c5f1fcd9bfe3323c45fa9.jpg

3d82aa4c903ef3088b78c131d26afc70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yakcraz

Toro
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Must be nice to have salt water too. Are sharks seasonal or year round?

Well, the salt is about 5 hours away from home. But, we have a camper & go down to the coast at least 4 times a year for a week or two at a time. We usually stay somewhere on the panhandle between gulf shores & Panama City. We’ve been going every year for at least the past 10 years so it kinda feels like home.

They can be caught year round but, from my experience, are alot easier to find during the spring & fall.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Well, the salt is about 5 hours away from home. But, we have a camper & go down to the coast at least 4 times a year for a week or two at a time. We usually stay somewhere on the panhandle between gulf shores & Panama City. We’ve been going every year for at least the past 10 years so it kinda feels like home.

They can be caught year round but, from my experience, are alot easier to find during the spring & fall.

What species sharks you typically run in to?

Yakcraz

Toro
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Usually blacktips, but that’s what I target. You never know what your gonna hook into when you’re in the saltwater though. Really anything over 5 or 6 foot requires more that one person that knows what they’re doing to handle, land, & release it. It’s normally just me & the wife & she’s not much help other that holding the rod to keep it out of the sand & bringing me a dehooking tool. So, I try to keep all my gear, rigs & leaders, downsized so if anything over 6’ picks up the bait it’ll end up breaking off.

They have sandpaper like skin & will rub through heavy mono in an extended fight, so I run a leader that consists of hook>1’-2’ of 120 lb wire> 4’-5’ 100lb mono> 50lb braid mainline. Anything over 6’ usually rubs though the mono or chews through the wire after fighting it for a little bit.

Tyler86

Presidente
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Usually blacktips, but that’s what I target. You never know what your gonna hook into when you’re in the saltwater though. Really anything over 5 or 6 foot requires more that one person that knows what they’re doing to handle, land, & release it. It’s normally just me & the wife & she’s not much help other that holding the rod to keep it out of the sand & bringing me a dehooking tool. So, I try to keep all my gear, rigs & leaders, downsized so if anything over 6’ picks up the bait it’ll end up breaking off.

They have sandpaper like skin & will rub through heavy mono in an extended fight, so I run a leader that consists of hook>1’-2’ of 120 lb wire> 4’-5’ 100lb mono> 50lb braid mainline. Anything over 6’ usually rubs though the mono or chews through the wire after fighting it for a little bit.

That's how big sturgeon are, you HAVE to have at least one more person who know what's going on or you just kill the fish.

Gary

Diadema
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I sold my bass boat early this year, i havent been fishint but once with the kids. Just been a lazy bum lately...

Yakcraz

Toro
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Didn’t even measure the larger ones. Just checked the smaller ones to make sure they met the size limit. We had some love slabs in there though!!!